Monday, August 13, 2012

Hello Japan!

I've arrived in Japan after an uneventful trip. Well, almost uneventful... It would have been uneventful if it hadn't been for that darn blueberry tea that I spilled all over myself as soon as I arrived at the Milwaukee airport yesterday. Did you know blueberry tea stains blue? Good thing I was wearing a navy blue suit! The moment it happened I had to laugh -- I just had to start a long day of travel off with some comic relief!


An interesting building we passed on the way to the hotel
The great thing about the first day of any tournament is seeing old friends again and meeting some new ones. There were many hugs to go around among the referees as we were all very happy to see each other. And some of the ladies even realized it was my birthday -- so I was surprised with a couple rounds of "Happy Birthday" songs during dinner, and a special slice of cake. What a great way to start off the tournament!
Celebrating mybirthday with some of the other referees :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. With the time change and date change are you sure you were celebrating on the right day?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think with the time zones, it means are actually older than me! Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha look it's Nami!! =) I met her at Disney's Girls Soccer Showcase last December. Tell her I said hi.

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete