Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Preparations

Margaret Domka, Marlene Duffy, Kari Seitz, and Veronica Perez after completing the pre-tournament FIFA Fitness Test.
The preparations for the U20 Women's World Cup began the moment I received the invitation and have continued throughout the past few months. In June I took pre-tournament fitness test with Kari Seitz, Marlene Duffy, and Veronica Perez -- the USA referees preparing for the Olympics. Of course, the fitness preparations have continued since that test as the goal is to be in peak form upon arriving in Japan in the middle of August. Throughout the summer I've also had many opportunities to referee, self-analyze my games, and receive feedback from mentors. I'm grateful for the constant support I've received from around the country in helping me with the many aspects of preparation. It has been very exciting, and great mental preparation, to have the opportunity to watch the soccer matches at the London Olympics before departing for the U20 WWC. Every game I've watched has made me more anxious for my upcoming tournament and more focused on my goals of representing the USA well.

No comments:

Post a Comment