Monday, August 13, 2012

Welcome

I've gotten a good night of sleep and am ready to start my day in Tokyo, where I am 14 hours ahead of Central Time. Reflecting on last night, I have to say I appreciated the steps the Japanese hosts have taken to make us feel very welcome. I was greeted both at the airport and the hotel immediately upon arrival. I also had a couple small gifts waiting for me in my room -- a cloth banner and a decorative fan with the tournament logo. What a nice touch!

I also received the Adidas gear that I'll be needing throughout the tournament. Just like the players, the referees are a team. We will all dress the same for all of the tournament functions, both on and off the field.


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you (sorry I'm late). Love the fan and the banner. Can't wait till you get the suit. Let us know when you get your first assignment! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marge, Happy Belated Birthday! So glad you arrived safely and got to meet up with old friends. Can't wait to hear what your 1st assignment is and know we are all thinking of you back home and wishing you well! Lots of luck and have a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge. Happy belated birthday! I am thrilled to read about your adventures, which are just beginning. It is so nice to see how well you guys are being treated by Japan. I am so proud of you and I know you will represent USSF very well. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gear Margaret! Glad to hear you arrived safely and had some time to enjoy your bday with the other referees. Happy belated! All the best to you during this exciting tournament!! :)

    ReplyDelete